Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What are you thankful for?

As this wait seems interminable, I have to ask myself what am I thankful for with regards to the wait....?
1. I am thankful for the love and support of my husband and children. We like talking about the adoption, Flora (by name), the frustration with respect to the wait.
2. I am thankful for the community of people who read and leave comments on my blog.
3. I am thankful for the other blogs out there that get me thinking.
4. I am thankful for the time to try and prepare (in vain) for our daughter's arrival.
5. I am thankful for the RQ, albeit, I take her site with a grain of salt.
6. I am thankful that I can write big checks, really quickly as our year anniversary quickly approaches. (It is a skill that comes in handy).
7. What are you thankful for? Please leave a comment or if there are so many things write it on your blog with the link in the comment section. I love to hear what others are thinking....

1 comment:

Nina said...

Hi Ellen! We seem to have parallel adoption lives, don't we! Thanks for visiting (not stalking!!) our blog!

Here's what I'm thankful for:

I'm thankful for my family - I'm lucky to have an amazing daughter and a husband who is my best friend, who I trust with my mind and my heart.

I'm thankful for my friends, who are a wonderful support system.

I'm thankful that we're able to bring another child into our lives, because not everyone is so fortunate to be able to do that.

I'm thankful for my profession, for the opportunity of helping others make significant changes in their lives and find happiness (I'm a psychotherapist). I love what I do and find it very rewarding.

I'm thankful for my health.

I'm thankful for our beautiful home and for all our many material blessings, which I never take for granted!

Nina