Sunday, February 17, 2008

Two Years

That's right! It has been two years since we were logged in at the CCAA in China. We would have never thought for a second that we would be waiting 2.5 years at a minimum. When I think about how quickly this wait is growing, it is mind boggling. L waited 18 months (logged in Oct 05). She received her referral in April. R waited 21 months (logged in Nov 05). She received her referral in August. My wait is already three months longer than R's and I fully expect another 8 month wait. It is sad, disheartening, and painful to watch people wait for their children.
So, happy 2 year anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Stumbled onto your blog from Jan yahoo group.
Congratulations on 2 years! It has been and is a torturous wait.
I also have a friend who had a Oct.05 LID and adopted her dgt in May/June o7. My LID is 1-5-06 about 10 weeks after my friend and I am still waiting!! I think I will get a referral 1 year after her!!
Unbelievable.
Just hang on! Tie a knot in that rope and keep on swinging!!