Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Montessori Soapbox

I, being a Montessori teacher, found this amazing quote I wanted to share with my peeps..."Education should no longer be mostly imparting of knowledge, but must take a new path, seeking the release of human potential." Dr. Maria Montessori.

I would encourage any parent out there to look at your local Montessori school when considering a school for your children.

A few untruths about Montessori schools: we are NOT a cult, we are not all connected, we are NOT the program that allows children to do whatever they want when they want, we are not so strict that children can't so anything.

I always require my potential families to observe a class. That way you could get a feeling about the program and go from there.

I will now step down from my soap box, but I do believe in what I do and I believe that it works.

No comments: