Sunday, October 01, 2006

Assembling and Producing

In my oh so spare time, I have been assembling all of "the" family recipes, all of the newspaper recipes that have been turning yellow, and organizing the pages of multiple recipes. I know it is crazy, but I am finding great delight and great pride in this project. I have now organized 2 4inch ring binders of recipes that have been carefully sniped, categorized, and placed in plastic sheet protectors. I will share one of my newest additions that has proven to be a big hit at picnics and by friends.

Watermelon Salad

· 1 small red onion sliced into crescent shapes.
· Citric juice, 2-3 splashes of lemon or lime (I prefer lime)
· 3.5 lbs of cubed watermelon
· 9 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
· 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
· 1 small bunch of mint, chopped
· 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
· ½ to 1 cup Kalamata olives
· Black pepper to taste

Put cubed watermelon into a bowl.
Add onions, feta, olives, parsley, and mint.
Toss lightly using your fingers.
Drizzle olive oil, citric juice, and black pepper.
Toss again.

Serve immediately.

It is an awesome/easy recipe. Perhaps I will share more recipes. I love cooking and baking. Both bring me such joy and solace. I will say that having a long standing agreement with my hubby adds to my pleasure. If I cook, he cleans. If he cooks, I clean. If we both cook, we both clean. Great partnership after nearly 15 years of marriage. By the way, he is also a great cook. Let's just say we eat well.......Now days, the littler munchkin enjoys cooking. She'll tell you that she makes the BEST mashed potatoes. Although, she could use a little guidance from the potato queen, my mother.

No comments: